As I’ve said before, I believe everyone has A Writable Life.
Our life experiences–the challenges and the triumphs help us transform as individuals.
And our stories also inspire, motivate, and offer joy and peace to our audience.
My work with clients ranges from concept to completion. Together, we will discover your message, develop your authorial voice, and determine the best way to share your message with your audience.
Here’s an overview of my services. I’d love to help you bring your story to life and give it wings.
Reach out and let’s have a conversation about how we might work together.
Content Development Coaching
* Collaboratively work through the development of the book
* Create reader feedback questions and select prime readers who could also provide testimonials (Readers will be from your ideal targeted audience and comprised of your contacts and perhaps some of mine.)
* Review reader feedback and making agreed-upon adjustments to the manuscript
* Finalize revisions
We meet twice monthly with you completing assignments between sessions. All assignments are to be submitted 48 hours prior to our meeting for my review. Most manuscripts can be completed within a year’s time.
Goal: A completed, polished manuscript within twelve months.
Investment: $9,500, with a 12-month timeline. Additional months are billed at $500/month. (Extenuating life circumstances are factored in.)
Looking for a smaller investment? See my 5-Session Jumpstart Your Book Package.
5-Session Jumpstart Your Book Package
This is a great way to see if we work well together and to see if you have the time and energy for your project. Together, we
1. Identify your message and the themes to address (you’ll have a questionnaire to fill out prior to this session).
2. Create your outline (usually 5, 7, or 9 chapters with an intro and a conclusion).
3. Develop your outline with bullet points: stories, lessons & possible reader engagement questions for the end of chapters).
4. Complete one chapter and receive feedback (I have a template that could be used)
5. Review revisions and make a plan for completing your book.
Each session would include my review of your work and a 45-minute Zoom conference call.
Goal: Create a solid plan that will allow you to finally get your book written!
Your Project Package
While this is similar to the Jumpstart Your Book Package, it revolves around an already existing product that needs repurposing or updating.
* Perhaps, you have a book that needs revision.
* Perhaps, you want to take that content and create an online course.
* Perhaps, you want to take the content and create a social media and blogging campaign.
Each session would include brainstorming and setting priorities, my review of your work, and a 45-minute Zoom conference call.
Goal: Create a solid plan that will meet the goals set in our first session.
Investment: $750 and renewable until the project is complete.
Blogs, Books, and Beyond Group Writing Class
Have you dreamed of writing
but just don’t know where to begin?
This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Receive the guidance you need to develop your writer’s voice, craft your message, and share your wisdom with your audience.
Join me January 2021 for this five-session group class where I will share with you the wisdom and knowledge I’ve gained over the last three decades of professional writing and over two decades of teaching writing and marketing for authors privately and at the university level.
For details, click here.
Is your project completed and you’re looking for a fresh pair of eyes to catch content disruptions and any gaps in the flow?
In this package, I review your manuscript for readability, coming to it with the eyes of your reader. I watch for areas where you know what you mean but your reader might be left in a pool of confusion.
I provide an overview of what is working well and what areas need improvement. While some minor edits and copyedits will be provided, in-depth editing and copyediting will incur extra charges.
Goal: Provide you with an objective viewpoint of the structure of your book and give guidance on how to improve the readability, organization, and presentation (grammar, punctuation, etc.)
Oversee the book production process, acting as a liaison with your publisher and/or designers and reviewing layout and design.
*The client will be responsible for final approval of the product.
Goal: To take the production process off your plate, so you can focus on promoting your current book, write blogs, tend to your business–or perhaps write your next book.
The Launch Process
Using much of the information from the book proposal and the book, we create a launch strategy. Here I do most of the. work, which includes:
* Writing email and social media copy for your list
* Writing email & social media copy for supporters/marketing partners
* Repurposing content from the book for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram posts
* Choosing the categories for Amazon that enhances chances for “best seller” status
* Monitoring Amazon on launch day and creating appropriate social media posts
Goal: Create a process to enhance the visibility of your book and possibly make it a best seller.
Editing, Copyediting, or Proofreading*
This is simple and to the point. You have a manuscript that you’re happy with and need another set of eyes for affirmation and to find this subtle errors that inevitably slip through (dropped words, misspellings, etc.).
Here, I charge by the page and additional costs could be incurred if content development is needed. If no style sheet has been created, I create one for your book that can then be used for all of your assets––blog, website, etc. This is a “once through” service. Additional passes and content development meetings incur extra charges.
*If this is your first book, and you haven’t worked with a writing coach, we begin with the Manuscript Review.
Goal: To provide you with a polished manuscript.*
* 4 cents per word for content editing (the big picture – organization, flow, clarity,
* 3 cents a word for copyediting (the rules of writing – grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, etc.)
* 1.5 cents per work for proofreading (the last pass)
*The client is responsible for approving all copy.
You know you have a story to tell, but don’t have the time or inclination to sit behind a computer for hours and months to complete your book.
Let’s have a conversation to see if the project is a good fit – for both of us.
I accept only one or two of these projects per year. And even though I may be doing much of the writing, you will need to be available for questions and manuscript review on a regular basis.
Goal: Publish your legacy story to share your wisdom with future generations.
Investment: Quoted based on the extent of project.